Collegiate Assessment of Academic Proficiency (CAAP)
The Collegiate Assessment of Academic Proficiency (CAAP) is the standardized, nationally normed assessment program from ACT that enables post secondary institutions to assess, evaluate, and enhance student learning outcomes and general education program outcomes.
The CAAP Exam can be used to:
- Satisfy accreditation and accountability reporting requirements
- Measure students' achievement levels on a group and individual basis
- Compare students' achievement levels with national user norms
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of general education programs
- Document the performance gain of students' achievement levels over time
- Analyze what interventions may be necessary to enhance results
- Determine student eligibility for upper-division studies
- Advise individual students how to achieve academic success
The CAAP EXAM is a requirement for all students who are candidates for graduation from Lawson State Community College. The exam is administered in prior to the May Graduation Commencement. For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To view sample questions, please visit www.act.org/caap/sample/q.html.