Residence Hall Video Tour
Welcome to Lawson State Community College (LSCC). Built in 2006, the Residence Hall was designed with today's students in mind, including a number of amenities that will make on-campus living enjoyable and conducive for learning. Current features are free internet service, free satellite service, private bathrooms, controlled heating and air, as well as, free local telephone connections in each room. Also, there are three lounge /study halls equipped with LCD flat-screen TVs with VCR-DVD capability and computers for residence use.
Let Lawson give you a real college experience through living on campus!
How to Apply to Live in the Residence Hall
Room assignments cannot be processed until you have completed the admission process and are a registered full-time student (12 paid semester hours or more). You will need to complete the following:
1) Application for Admission – Complete the Application for Admission and have an official copy of your transcript mailed to Lawson State Community College Admissions Office.
All new students are required to take the College’s Placement Exam or have an ACT score of 20 or above in Reading, English and Math for placement in college level courses.
2) Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - We recommend you file online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This is the fastest and easiest way to apply for aid. After completion, be sure to follow up with the College’s Office of Student Financial Services to ensure that the federal data has been received.
3) On‐Campus Student Housing Application – Complete the Application (including the signed Statement of Terms and Conditions of Occupancy) Carefully read, initial, and sign each page. Be sure that your social security number is recorded accurately on all forms. Mail the completed Application with a cashier’s check or money order for the one-time *$200.00 non-refundable application fee as soon as possible to:
Lawson State Community College
Business Affairs Office
3060 Wilson Road, SW
Birmingham, AL 35221
(*Applications will not be processed without the accompanying fee. This fee is not a deposit and will not be deducted from the balance of the cost to live on campus. NOTE: Send cashier's checks or money orders only if applying by mail. Cash, checks and major credit cards may be presented if applying in person.)
4) Register and enroll (pay tuition and fees) as a full-time student (in at least 12 semester hours or more).
5) Contact the Office of Student Life at 205-929-6352 to secure a room assignment. Pay the residence hall/housing fee of $2,380 to the Business Affairs Office (which is
due at the time of room assignment). Be sure to contact the Office of Student Life before making your final payment or TMS payments. Room assignments are made
on a first-paid, first-served basis. This must be done each semester. NOTE: Pell Grant will not cover tuition/fees and housing fees.
6) Have a physician complete the Student Health Form and current Immunization Form documenting that vaccinations are current. Do not mail the Student Health
Form and immunization documents with the application. These forms may be brought later; however, they must be completed and presented to residence hall
staff before you will be allowed to move in. A physical for athletic participation does not substitute for the completed Student Health Form, as a number of
the items requested are not required for an athletic physical.
Click below to apply.
Residential Hall Student Handbook
Contact Us / Request a Tour:
Ms. Sonya Williams, Residence Hall Manager
Ms. Gwendolyn Finch, Administrative Assistant
Office of Student Life