What is a Dental Assistant and How Do I Apply?
View this video which was produced by eHow (via YouTube) provides a general description of what a Dental Assistant does.
What Should I Know about Lawson State's Dental Assistant Program
1. It is an accredited program by CODA (Commission on Dental Accreditation)
2. It is highly successful and headed by former member of the state Dental Association Board, Dr. Ronald Cater
3. The program provides internal (campus) and off campus clinical experiences in the field and through the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry.
4. Students typically graduate after one full year of course work.
5. There are no pre-requisites to apply to the program, other than you have to be a high school graduate or have earned a GED. Applicants are advised to complete the Math 116 and ENG 101 courses priot to application.
Apply to Lawson's Accredited Dental Assistant Program--Follow These Steps!
Interested in applying to Lawson State's outstanding Dental Assistant Program, complete this online application by clicking on the icon below.
Applications MUST be submitted to the Bessemer Campus Health Professions Office no later than 5:00 p.m. (CST) on July 25th. If July 25th falls on a weekend, then the application due date will fall on the next business day (that Monday).
Click on the Application Packet icon to download the application for the Dental Assisting program. Then, print off the application and submit to Health Professions Office (on the Bessemer campus) by the preset deadline above. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Mail applications to Lawson State Community College Attn: Dorothy Young 1100 9th Ave SW, Bessemer, AL 350222