Apply to Lawson's Accredited Dental Assistant Program--Follow These Steps!
- Meet all the general admission requirements of LSCC.
- Be eligible for ENG101 and MTH100.
- Possess an ACT score of 14 or higher.
- Possess a minimum 2.1 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Applications MUST be submitted to the Bessemer Campus Health Professions Office no later than 5:00 pm (CST) on June 30th. If June 30th falls on a weekend or holiday, then the application due date will fall on the next business day.
What is a Dental Assistant and How Do I Apply?
View this video which was produced by eHow (via YouTube) provides a general description of what a Dental Assistant does.
What Should I Know about Lawson State's Dental Assistant Program
It is an accredited program by CODA (Commission on Dental Accreditation)
Click on the Application Packet icon to download the application for the Dental Assisting program. Then, print off the application and submit to Health Professions Office (on the Bessemer campus) by the preset deadline above. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Mail applications to Lawson State Community College Attn: Dorothy Young 1100 9th Ave SW, Bessemer, AL 350222