Online courses are available by key account log-in to Blackboard, providing students with a convenient alternative to traditional on-campus classes. Online courses begin on the first day of the term. Some courses may include required on-campus meetings. Before registration, check the course schedules in WebAdvisor or preview a course in Blackboard to determine if an instructor requires on-campus sessions. Students taking online courses must have access to a personal computer with an Internet connection and browser software.
Hybrid courses combine regular classroom meetings with online instruction in Blackboard, reducing the number of hours a class meets on campus. Your instructor will determine when a hybrid course meets on campus. Students taking a hybrid course must have access to a personal computer with an Internet connection and browser software.
ONLINE STUDENT ORIENTATION
Complete the Online Student Orientation in Blackboard. It contains practice tests, a practice assignment, and instructions for using Blackboard.
- Go to LSCC Blackboard log-in page (this link will go to the LSCC BB login)
- Log in with the username student and the password online
- Click the log-in button
- Click the Online Student Orientation link in the My Courses section of the welcome page
BEFORE THE SEMESTER BEGINS
- Complete the Online Student Orientation.
- Online courses are available on the first day of the term, not immediately upon registration.
- Online courses will not appear in the Online Student Orientation to Blackboard.
AFTER THE SEMESTER BEGINS
- On the first day of the term, log into Blackboard with your key account to open your online courses.
- Contact your instructor or Blackboard Support (this will route to help desk email) if you are unable to enter Blackboard.