Informing you about:
- The types of personal information Lawson State Community College collects about you through its Web Site;
- How it collects that information;
- The general purposes for which it collects such information;
- The choices and means by which individuals may limit its use and disclosure.
Empowering you to choose:
- Whether and how certain personal information you provide is used (where such use is unrelated to the uses for which you originally disclosed it); and
Assuring you that Lawson State Community College :
- Takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction;
- Implements reasonable policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is kept only for the purposes for which it has been gathered;
- Uses reasonable measures to ensure that we have accurately and completely recorded the personal information you have provided; and
- Provides you reasonable access to your personal information as well as procedures for correcting or modifying that information where appropriate.
Ensuring accountability to individuals who believe that Lawson State Community College has not complied with these privacy principles.
The information we receive from or about you is stored on systems designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information. We also encrypt your transmission of sensitive information to us in the interest of heightened privacy protection and information integrity.
Our Accountability to You
, by telephone at (205) 925-2515, or by postal mail at:
Lawson State Community College
3060 Wilson Road
Birmingham, AL 35221
Notification of Changes
Lawson State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 3033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lawson State Community College.
Alabama Board of Nursing ~ National League for Nursing
Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs ~
Council on Occupational Education
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute ~ American Dental Association
American Welding Society ~ National Automotive Technicians
Education Foundation, Inc. (NATEF)