If you signed up for a Hybrid
class, those classes resume on-campus beginning Monday, Jan.25th. Go to your MyLawson
page and review your Schedule Detail
to determine if you have any hybrid or ground classes. This message is NOT
for students enrolled in only virtual or online classes (which will continue to remain online). This message is ONLY for students enrolled in GROUND or HYBRID classes. Remember, check Blackboard to determine which days you are coming to campus if you are enrolled in a Hybrid class. Hybrid classes are unique in that they only meet 50% of the time on campus, so look for that information in your Blackboard announcements or under the Start Here menu. Ground classes come both days unless your instructor directs you otherwise. If in doubt, check Blackboard and/or email the instructor immediately.
- Keep your hands clean at all times. Wash them repeatedly throughout the day. Carry hand sanitizer with you and use it generously. Wear disposable gloves, if you can.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, mouth and nasal area.
- Wear your face mask properly, be sure (AT ALL TIMES) it covers your mouth and nasal cavity (nose).
- If you begin to exhibit signs of illness, contact your instructor immediately and stay at home. NEVER come to campus if you are sick and are exhibiting signs of COVID.
- Do NOT loosen your mask to talk. People can hear you through a mask, so leave it on.
- Do NOT take your mask off to eat on campus (if others are around you). Instead, eat in your car or go to a location that is isolated and eat alone. Pulling your mask off endangers you and others, so protect yourself at all times.
- When entering class, social distance. Remain 6 feet away from other students. Do not sit together. There should be at least 1 desk in between students. If the room is large enough and you can sit 2 desks apart or more, do so.
- Again, wear your face covering properly at all times.
- When class is dismissed, do NOT linger in the building. Exit right away.
- Practice social distancing in the hallways and in all buildings on campus.
- When driving, leave your windows down at least halfway to create outside wind circulation in your car.
- Clean your hands before entering your classroom and exiting your classroom
- Be your best protector against the virus. Do not let your guard down, especially around friends. Remember, people can have the virus but not exhibit any symptoms, so remain cautious.
- Lastly, be receptive and courteous at all times. If someone asks you to adjust your mask so it is properly worn, he or she is only trying to protect you and others around you, so please welcome the comment and adjust your mask. It's a team effort, so be cooperative and supportive.
- We are strongly encouraging students to wear disposable gloves to class and then throw them in the trash upon exiting. That is a smart decision to make.
- Double mask if you can. There is a new strain of this virus, so the more you can protect yourself the better. Consider wearing goggles or a face shield, if you can. Just make sure you comfortable on campus.
See signage below to help you understand the campus rules and abide by all rules. Be safe students, and remember, we love and care for you. Need help next week, call 205-929-2000.